This is what I’m going to dub a “micro-post”: a simple update so I’m keeping up with my weekly posts. Some weeks I don’t feel very inspired but I think it’s important to have something I can throw out into the world that I still think is worthy. I want to let you know what I’m up to. This kind of post isn’t much, and won’t be interesting to you if you don’t know me. But it’s a nice break from long posts.
It’s important to have a plan, as I talked about in last week’s post. I think it’s even more important to share that plan.
So that’s what this is.
Here’s what I’m going to be doing next.
I currently work part-time at a coffee shop. I love it because:
- I have a great team.
- I meet all kinds of people.
- I’m learning a lot about customer service and sales (It’s really more about the connection than anything else).
- I stay busy while I’m at work.
- I’m improving my multi-tasking skills.
In addition to this part-time job, I’m doing online transcriptions. I love it because:
- A lot of what I transcribe is interviews, so I’m learning about subjects I’d never know otherwise.
- My grammar and spelling are improving.
- I type faster now.
- I get to make my own schedule and choose how much and how often I transcribe.
- I get to make money while I’m at it (which is always a nice benefit to anything).
I’ll be completing a month-long project with Praxis about sharpening my social and emotional intelligence. I love it because:
- Social and emotional intelligence are two subjects very important to me.
- The sort of things I will learn I can take anywhere I go to work and are just nice, basic life skills to have as well.
- I get to read books! I love books.
- I am blogging about each book that I read each week which will be a nice verbal processing exercise for me.
- I’m keeping myself busy.
I hope you enjoyed this different kind of post! Next week, I’ll be back with a post about the books I’m reading, so keep an eye out for that. I hope you’re having a great week wherever you’re at and in whatever plan you’re currently doing. I’m sure it’ll be great.
Keep going forward to what you want to be doing next.
And remember to have a good time while you’re at it.